PE and Sports Premium
The Government is providing funding of £150 million per annum from the academic year 2013/14 until 2020 as part of an Olympic legacy fund, to provide ‘new, substantial primary school sport funding’. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children.
The sport funding is ring-fenced and can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Castle Primary School Vision for PE
Our vision is for all children in the school to experience high quality curriculum-based Physical Education (PE), and for school sport and physical activity that will lead to life-long participation and love for sport.
- To improve the health and wellbeing of pupils at Castle Primary School.
- To provide and facilitate high quality opportunities and outcomes in sport.
- To assist each individual child to reach and fulfil their potential including the overcoming of barriers to participation in PE & sport.
- To encourage and stimulate more involvement in physical activity by the children and their families within the wider community.
- To promote lifelong learning, active participation and excellence in sport.
- To raise achievement and support excellence.
How much and what do we spend our funding on?
Details of how the PE funding was spent last academic year, our plans for this year and the impact of the funding, can be found in the document below.
Our School Games Bronze Success!
The School Games Mark is a government led awards scheme launched in 2012 to reward schools for their commitment to the development of competition across their school and into the community.
More information can be found at the following link: www.yourschoolgames.com
|PE Premium Spending Report 2015||29th Oct 2015||Download|
|PE Premium Spending Report 2016||03rd Oct 2016||Download|
|PE Premium Spending Report 2017||05th Oct 2017||Download|
|PE Premium Spending Report 2018-19||27th Sep 2018||Download|
|Castle 2018-2019 Primary PE and Sport Fu...||15th Jul 2019||Download|